Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Little Side Trip

Well last night I made a little General Tso's chicken, with fried rice and steamed broccoli. This was the 3rd time I've made this dish, and it gets a little easier and better each time I make it. I do like it much better than most take out that I have had, the chicken is more tender, and the sauce has a nice ginger/orange flavor with just a bit of heat. Looking forward to the new dishes the rest of this week as Chinese is one of my favorite cuisines as of now.

Now for the side trip, my Fiance had her 30th birthday today, she is just slightly obsessed with France and French things. She had been asking for a crepe pan for a while, but the only ones I've seen are about $60-80 a piece, I found a nice little one for much less. So while I was cooking last night, got out a blender and made the basic sweet crepe recipe courtesy of Alton Brown. These were fairly simple to make and tasty. We added some berries and the Whipped Vanilla Yogurt she had in the fridge. Nice, light and tasty.

Well, back to China on Tuesday with Shrimp in Coconut Milk...see ya then

1 comment:

  1. The General Tso's was so good! I'm partial to that dish, since it was the first thing you ever cooked for me the first night we met.

    You are kind saying I'm "slightly" obsessed with France and French things...heh heh :) The crepes were so light and tasty! I'm cooking them for you next time!

    ReplyDelete