Saturday, May 29, 2010

Something is missing

So Thursday night after much running around and doing stuff for our new house we finally got home and started supper. A nice light Cucumber and Onion Salad with just a little vinegar for a dressing and Tarragon Ragout over mashed potatoes. Oops, didn't have any tarragon, so just used some of the dill left over from the cucumber salad, was very nice.

I'm really starting to love the taste of shallots, have used them a few times now, and they create a nice smoky, oniony, garlicy, flavor. As a side note, I do like the flavor of dill and use it with other things, but when its in the salad, the mashed potatoes, and the meat and sauce over said potatoes, got to be a little bit of an over kill for me.

Next week is Chinese food, starting with something I've made 3 or 4 times now, General Tso's Chicken. The Shrimp with Coconut milk(sauce?), Green Beans, and my Egg Drop Soup, then Ginger Beef and Lo Mein later in the week. Might take a side trip between now and then but we'll just have to see.

No snappy catch phrase to leave ya with this time...Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha! Now I know what we're having this next week. Like I said, I really enjoyed the Ragout! It was delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete