Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tonight's Supper


Tonight we had Shrimp with Coconut Milk, Chinese Green Beans, and Egg Drop Soup. It was a tasty meal. The Egg Drop Soup again was something I have done before; chicken stock, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and green onions. Then as you stir it drizzle in whipped eggs. I read a three page article on egg drop soup and how they should be...my opinion, taste is more important than the appearance. The fresh green beans stir fried with hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and green onions was a wonderful Chinese flavor.

Now the Shrimp with Coconut Milk was very good, had a little tomatoes for acidity, rice vinegar, rice wine(SAKI!!!), Its just not the Chinese flavor I'm used to, I might be wrong, but when I think coconut milk flavors I lean towards Thai foods. I don't know, maybe someone out there can clear it up for me. Problem is I now have about 4/5ths of a can of coconut milk that's going to go to waste unless I can find something to do with it....Ideas???

Here are the recipes I used tonight
Shrimp with Coconut Milk
Chinese Green Beans

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I like it when you take the pictures of the meals and glad you have the recipe links included, too. I've just switched to vegetarian and am trying to learn to cook some different things than my very limited scandinavian cooking (everything bland, white, and covered in sauce or butter--hehe!). Happy for you guys, BTW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jen is more the picture taker...I just cook the food...maybe some day I'll do a vegetarian week, but I like my meat too much, and its grilling season so....it may be a while, thanks for stopping by..

    ReplyDelete